• More often than not pathological.
• Importance of the examination to date, quantify, assess the background and drug intake.
Androgen alopecia: the most common cause:
male pattern baldness, scarcity diffuse hair in women. There is a family context and the onset is very progressive.
Treatments based MINOXIDIL 2% topical application or oral PROPECIA are only suspensive.
Other causes can be distinguished:
– Alopecia acute diffuse telogen effluvium to type: it is a hair loss occurring in the two months following a triggering circumstance postpartum, general diseases (febrile infections, inflammatory diseases), emotional stress (surgery …) .
Regrowth is systematic in 3 to 6 months.
– Alopecia chronic widespread: we must look endocrinopathy (hypothyroidism, hyperandrogenism), a nutritional deficiency (iron, protein, zinc), drug cause (chemotherapy, cholesterol lowering agents, anticoagulants, propranolol, hydantoins).
– Alopecia localized non-incisional: to entrust the specialist. Possible causes: alopecia areata, syphilis, tinea (cf. dermatophytes).
Localized scarring alopecia:
to entrust to a specialist. With the exception of post-traumatic scars, this type of alopecia requires histological examination with immunofluorescence.
The most common causes are: lichen planus, discoid lupus erythematosus, cutaneous metastases.
Order No. 1: alopecia diffuse telogen effluvium type of
– Bepanthene [dexpanthenol] 1 tab 3 times daily.
– Biotin, 1 tablet 3 times daily.
– Gel rubefacient DUCRAY applied topically to the scalp 1 times a day.
Treatment for 2 months.