* The Candida are yeasts (unicellular organism multiplying by bour-geonnement)
* Candida albicans is a commensal of the digestive tract and mucous brilliant, not normally found on the skin. The infestation is rarely exogenous.
* Local conditions of development are: acidic, sweet environment, humidity, chronic irritation.
* Plot: obese, diabetes, pregnancy, immune deficiency, medications (corticosteroids, antibiotics).
* In the absence of obvious predisposing factors, HIV infection should be systematically-cally suspected.
* The mucosa, periorificial skin, folds, nails are preferentially affected.
* Intertrigo fingers is seen especially in women and sits mainly in the third area with crack and maceration
* Disorders of the nails: The initial lesion is often a paronychia, red swelling, smooth and delicate skin of the rim; onychia beginning with the side edges or the proximal edge giving a grayish detachment. The nail becomes progressively brown or greenish (secondary infection by Pseudomonas aeruginosa) with transverse grooves
* The presence of pseudofilaments or filaments sign the pathogenicity of C. albicans.