This is the first review to humans during the etiological research of infertility.
The review is to examine a semen sample under a microscope after measuring its volume and its physicochemical characteristics.
Semen is collected by masturbation to the lab after 3 or 4 days of abstinence.
The collection can be performed at home but must be worn at least 2 hours in the laboratory.
– Ejaculate volume: from 2 to 6 mL;
– Appearance: translucent white;
– PH between 7.2 and 7.8;
– Semen analysis: between 25 and 250 million sperm per milliliter:
– 60% of normal forms,
– Less than 30% of abnormalities of the head,
– Less than 20% of abnormalities of the flagellum;
– Fructose levels: between 5 and 20 mmol / L;
smears are abnormal with:
– Azoospermia: absence of sperm;
– Oligospermia: rate below 20 million / ml and decreased sperm mobility, usually greater than 40% in the first hour;
– Teratospermia; lack of mobility due to lack of flagellum.
The patient should be careful not to take a warm bath before masturbation: it can distort the results of the examination.
New US standards that can make school appeared. A review is thus considered normal if:
– Sperm concentration is above 48 million / mL;
– Mobility is greater than 63%;
– More than 12% spermatozoa have normal morphology.
You must log in to post a comment.