• Poliomyelitis: neurotropic.
Degenerative reversible first (disappearance of Nissl bodies) and final (ment-inflated or neuronal cell shrinkage).
• Papillomavirus (HPV): epidermotropic.
Induced epidermal hyper-plasia on the rete Malpighi with some binucleated cells; of dyskeratotic cells; Koilocytes in the surface layer. -> Condyloma; -> Papillomavirus (common wart) -> Molluscum contagiosum (crater); -> Dysplasia => carcinoma.
• Cytomegalovirus pneumonia, hepatitis, colitis.
The cells and nuclei are large. Dense acidophilic nuclear inclusions surrounded by a clear halo (eye Owl)
• Rabies cortical neurons.
Intracytoplasmic inclusions (Negri bodies)
• Measles plasmodia Presence in the lymphoid tissue and in the lungs (as RSV in tissue cultures)
• Hepatitis A: hepatocyte ballooning and acidophilic body of Councilmann
• Hepatitis B: appearance “frosted green” the cytoplasm of hepatocytes
• Oncogenic Viruses: HPV 16 and 18 (cervical carcinoma); EBV (Burkitt’s lymphoma, nasopharyngeal carcinoma …).